Match Report
Westminster Under School U10 Pinks vs  P4S Challenge Cup at Bisham Abbey
On: Friday, 11 Oct 2019
Venue: Away

Our U10 and U9 Pinks set off on a large coach, no-one was particularly expecting to enjoy the ride as it was an hour’s drive from Vincent Square to Bisham Abbey Spots Centre. Most people had entertainment from electronics allowed by the school. Everyone was relieved when we arrived, and we scampered away to put our luggage in the storage room. Everyone was really pumped up when the tournament started with the U9 played their opening game against Chepstow House with the U10’s in the crowd, all of us were determined to beat them as our Year 4’s hopelessly battled away, only well enough to lose 0-3 despite the score being 0-0 at half-time with two wonderful strikes by Chepstow’s magic man called Sala (h). The U10’s set up in the 1-3-2-1 formation against Chepstow House and regained their confidence ass Kit Burton put us 2-0 up in the opening 5 minutes and at half-time we still had our lead (what a start to the competition, I was thinking, a win first game!) Sadly, our hopes were cancelled as Sala returned with 2 more wonder strikes that left goalkeeper, Chris Dunckley shouting at our defense. The game ended 2-2, not bad, but not good enough.

The U9’s returned with a 1-2 loss against Knightsbridge, although they’ d dominated the game, with Knightsbridge scoring a last-minute winner. Afterwards, we had a good lunch of Garlic Bread and Lasagne (Not to forget the Hot Chocolate) and then swarmed away to inspect our rooms, I was with Mies Wrobel and we watched the Olympics, ready for our next game against Finton House. Our room was very nice and tidy, and we really appreciated them. When we got out, everyone tried to make their rooms looks better than others when really, they were all the same! Against Finton House the U10’s played very well (except when Chris pushed a corner into his own net) and Kit scored another brace. The match ended 3-1 in our favor. The U10’s had no time to relax as in 2 minutes, they had another game vs Eaton Square. Again, the game started well for us and this time Mies, our playmaker and Angad Kohli helped themselves to goals in the opening 3 minutes, but unfortunately, with some beautiful chances created by their attacker named Roman, Eaton started to regain some control. Suddenly, the keeper picked up a back pass and it was an indirect free kick inside the penalty area. Unluckily, Westminster messed it up and wasted a beautiful chance. Anyway, we were lucky to win 2-0. Again, the U10’s had no time to relax before the biggest game so far: our U9’s vs our U10’s...

Our U9’s battled beautifully and took the lead early on when a miscommunication between Angad (Who was playing out of position in defense) and Chris which led to Hugo Bamford stealing the ball and rounding the keeper before slotting the ball home into the open net. Our U9’s went jubilant. After a very stern team talk with Mr Shaw, our U10’s came back with more confidence than ever onto the pitch for the second half and their good performance paid off when Luke Pryce-Jones shot the leather ball into the bottom corner. In the last ten seconds of the match, our U10’s won a free kick in a dangerous position and Kit stepped up to take it. Everyone held their breath and suddenly, and huge cheer hung around the ground, the free kick had flown over the crossbar! Could anyone believe it, when had drawn vs our U9’s!